Monday, March 23, 2009

Review of BBQ Pork Sandwiches

I never thought I'd like a pulled pork sandwich. But I DID!

There was enough left over for them to be Sunday dinner. With some fresh coleslaw and a bit of the extra sauce added back in before re-heating the leftover pork, it was really, really good!

I think when pork roast goes on sale I might even make this again. Or try it with brisket or another beef roast! I never thought I'd say that...

My husband, who grew up in Texas and has been deprived of barbeque since marrying me since I despise anything smoked, loved it. The kids liked it okay. They mostly ate it with forks, it was too messy for them. That's fine. Anyway, the lack of smoke flavor means that this is a barbeque sandwich I can get behind! I really liked the sandwich with coleslaw ON the sandwich as well as on the side. My husband, being from TX, prefers just the meat on the sandwich, with coleslaw on the plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment