Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St. Patrick's Day Dinner

It's St. Patrick's Day, and in our family that means one thing. No, not corned beef (though we'll have that some other time, and actually my dad served it to us on Sunday evening.) Colcannon!

I love colcannon but it's a bunch of work so I don't make it often-- but I ALWAYS do for St. Patrick's Day. It's, like, a tradition and stuff. ;) It's my favorite Irish food, and since I don't drink and am not Catholic the main point of my St. Patrick's day celebration is to celebrate my Irish heritage (I've got a lot of it, and am fond of it.)

So no crockpot cookery today, the crockpot will just be used to keep the colcannon warm.

I also made a baked ham to go with. I used the same recipe I did last year. You can view that recipe, and my colcannon recipe, on this blog post from last year at my personal blog. The ham will be served cold.

Have a happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment