Sunday, March 8, 2009

For Mon. 3/9: Spanish Chicken With Olives

It actually has rice and beans in it, too. :)

I doubled this recipe. (Except I used 10 pieces of chicken.)

Notes:

-Like a reviewer, I used regular rice and doubled the water.

-I also subbed minced garlic and fresh pepper for the garlic powder and garlic pepper seasoning.

-I used a jar of pre-sliced green olives instead of "roughly chopping" them. Because I'm lazy that way. 1 jar is about 1 1/4 cups which is close enough to 1 1/3 for me. I put half in the bottom and sprinkled half over the top.

-I used frozen chicken breast halves and just put them in frozen. I figure it will be defrosted by the time it goes in.

-I sprinkled dried parsley on the top instead of garnishing at the end.

-I used 1 yellow and 1 green bell pepper because that is what my mom had and I forgot to get it at the store.

-I borrowed saffron (the really good stuff) from my dad. I'm not up for buying a bottle of really expensive stuff I never use just for one recipe. ;) If you don't have a dad who's a gourmet cook you can borrow some from and aren't up for buying it, you can use 1/4 tsp. turmeric instead. It will change the flavor somewhat, but it will give the right color, and the flavor difference won't be THAT noticeable.

It will cook for 6 hours on Low and hopefully not sit too long after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment