Thursday, February 5, 2009

Review of Cranberry Chicken with Potatoes

Review of Crockpot Cranberry Chicken With Potatoes

So, the potatoes on the bottom worked out really well. :) They ended up just lighly scented with cranberry, with a slight chickeny taste. I love the way Yukon Golds hold up in the crockpot. They don't get mealy like Russets can; they stay firm but get very smooth when slow-cooked.

The chicken, of course, was a hit. I've never served that chicken to anyone who didn't like it. :)

And it was so easy to have the side cook at the same time as the chicken, I think I will do that again. You may have to increase the cooking time by about 1/2 an hour from the recipe for just the chicken, and it certainly doesn't hurt to let it sit on Warm after that, which is why I love a programmable crockpot.

No comments:

Post a Comment