Monday, January 26, 2009

Review of lasagna

Review of lasagna served 1/26

Well, we did find out one person has a mild allergy to mushrooms (luckily he was okay just picking them out. Why he did not say this when asked if he had any allergies, I don't know!)

The verdict: rave reviews. There was a little left over for me and Emma to taste and it was really good. You can't tell that it was low-fat cheese and whole-wheat pasta at all. I had thought of putting in some spinach; I think next time I will. This is going on the list of "things they don't mind if I make again." Some comments:

"Awesome!"

"It was really good, and so nice to have a warm dinner."

"It's like Maggiano's in a crockpot!"

"Oooooh, I'm full!"

(Now, to be fair, this is from a bunch of guys who are used to eating junk food all tax season so any real food is a pleasant change, but it was very good.) Quite a passable lasagna, and from a crockpot! Now that I know the technique-- order of layers, dry pasta, slightly thin sauce-- I can change some things around. I'd probably add spinach if making at home, for an "all in one pot" meal, and I think it would be really good with a mixture of sweet and hot Italian sausage to replace the beef. I was surprised that even after 4 hours on "warm" the noodles did not burn to the bottom or anything even though I didn't grease the pot. This one is going to become a staple at home as well as for the co-op. I forsee much more lasagna in our family's future now that I don't have to heat the house up to make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment