Sunday, January 25, 2009

Monday 1/26: Slow Cooker Lasagna

I started with this recipe. I made the following modifications:

-used whole-wheat lasagna noodles (and used the whole package)
-used part-skim ricotta and low-fat mozzarella
-used extra mozzarella
-added minced garlic to the beef before browning
-mixed the (undrained) mushrooms with the sauce instead of layering (I'm lazy that way)
-mixed Italian seasoning in with sauce instead of meat
-used a slightly smaller can of spaghetti sauce (that's what the store had.)

It will cook for 5 hours on low. We'll see how it works! I found the ricotta a bit hard to spread so I ended up putting globs all over and then spreading them out to just about cover, like frosting a cake. Emma washed her hands and helped sprinkle the cheese on.

Instead of breadsticks they're getting garlic bread. I got too lazy. Sorry. ;)

I also cut up veggies to go on their salads all week. This is starting to make me hungry...

No comments:

Post a Comment