Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Review of Chicken Tortilla Soup

Verdict on the Chicken Tortilla Soup:

It was good. The flavors were superb, the texture (once tortilla chips and other toppings were in) was just right. It was a little bit more spicy than some people would like (mild to me, but I like spicy.) I would say if you have kids who are not fans of spicy, definitely tone it down, perhaps omit the jalapeno completely. That would take out most of the "kick" I think. (Like I said, I liked it.) There was enough left over after they all ate (and the boss tried some-- now he thinks he wants in, lol) for me to have a whole bowl when it got home. I don't know that I'll make this one for the co-op again (at least not this year) as it was a lot of work chopping. But if you want to go out and run errands and come home to a dinner to impress guests with, and don't mind a bit of work, this one is a winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment